Roof Hatch Safety Railing Systems
OSHA compliant roof hatch guardrail systems from Diversified Fall Protection feature modular design and are fully adjustable to fit any size opening. An adjustable, integrated swing gate and weather resistant powder coated finish, combined with a wide range of mounting options make our roof hatch safety railing system an ideal fall protection solution for any rooftop substrate including single ply membrane, built-up asphalt, metal, and standing seam metal.
Protect your employees, contractors, and your business from open roof hatch access points with a portable guardrail roof hatch kit from Diversified Fall Protection. Each modular kit features a non-penetrating base design to minimize leaks while providing full compliance with OSHA 1910.23 and 1926.502 fall protection regulations. Buy a roof hatch guardrail system manufacturer-direct and save by ordering online from our e-commerce enabled website by visiting us at Unistrut.
The PORTABLE GUARDRAIL ROOF HATCH KIT™ includes:
- (2) Six Foot Guardrail Sections
- (1) 8 Foot Guardrail Section
- (4) Base Plates
- (2) Kee Connections
- (1) Swing Gate
- (1) Instruction Manual
We are a complete turnkey provider of OSHA compliant fall protection systems and have years of experience designing and installing guardrail and safety railing systems. Contact us for expert assistance with your fall arrest, fall restraint and fall protection safety requirements.
- 1910.29(b) Guardrail systems. The employer must ensure guardrail systems meet the following requirements:
- 1910.29(b)(1) The top edge height of top rails, or equivalent guardrail system members, are 42 inches (107 cm), plus or minus 3 inches (8 cm), above the walking-working surface. The top edge height may exceed 45 inches (114 cm), provided the guardrail system meets all other criteria of paragraph (b) of this section (see Figure D-11 of this section).
- 1910.29(b)(2)(i) Midrails are installed at a height midway between the top edge of the guardrail system and the walking-working surface;
- 1910.29(b)(3) Guardrail systems are capable of withstanding, without failure, a force of at least 200 pounds (890 N) applied in a downward or outward direction within 2 inches (5 cm) of the top edge, at any point along the top rail.
- 1910.29(b)(4) When the 200-pound (890-N) test load is applied in a downward direction, the top rail of the guardrail system must not deflect to a height of less than 39 inches (99 cm) above the walking-working surface.
- 1910.29(b)(5) Midrails, screens, mesh, intermediate vertical members, solid panels, and other equivalent intermediate members are capable of withstanding, without failure, a force of at least 150 pounds (667 N) applied in any downward or outward direction at any point along the intermediate member.
- 1910.29(b)(6) Guardrail systems are smooth-surfaced to protect employees from injury, such as punctures or lacerations, and to prevent catching or snagging of clothing.
1910.29(b)(9) Top rails and midrails are at least 0.25-inches (0.6 cm) in diameter or in thickness.
Talk to a fall protection specialist
Tell us about your fall protection needs, and we’ll configure a system that rises to your challenges.