Fall Protection ROI Calculator
Many employers mistakenly view fall protection as an expense rather than an investment. The fall protection calculator takes aim at this way of thinking by helping employers assess the financial impact of falls on company profitability. The calculator uses the average costs of a fall and an indirect cost multiplier to project the amount of sales required at your current profit margins to offset the costs of falls. Data on average claim costs is provided by the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) and the National Safety Council’s Injury Facts reports.
- The Fall Protection ROI Calculator is a planning tool designed to estimate how falls can adversely impact a company’s profitability–it is not intended to provide a comprehensive analysis of your company’s financial exposure fall related injuries.
- Diversified Fall Protection makes no guarantees nor assumes any liability for the accuracy of the results obtained through the use of this tool.
- Select an injury type from the drop-down menu OR enter the total worker's compensation costs.
- Enter the profit margin (leave blank to use default of 3%).
- Enter the number of injuries (leave blank to use default of one).
- Select 'Add/Calculate' to compute the total direct and indirect costs.
- Repeat the step to add additional injuries to the list.
|Please enter either Injury Type or Claims Cost||OR|
(annual sum of costs)
(leave blank to use default of 3%)
(leave blank to use default of one)
The extent to which the employer pays the direct costs depends on the nature of the employer's worker's compensation insurance policy. The employer always pays the indirect costs.
|Injury Type||Instances||Direct Cost||Indirect Cost||Total Cost||Additional Sale (Indirect)||Additional Sale (Total)|
|Estimated Direct Costs:|
|Estimated Indirect Costs:|
|Combined Total (Direct and Indirect Costs):|
|Sales To Cover Indirect Costs:|
|Sales To Cover Total Costs:|