Confined Space Hoist Systems for Entry, Rescue, and Retrieval
Hoist systems are designed for manhole and confined space entry, retrieval, and rescue applications. From portable hoist systems designed for quick and easy set-up, to permanent installations intended for frequent use, the safety specialists at Diversified Fall Protection can recommend a hoist system to suit your specific confined space and rescue requirements.
- Constructed from high strength, light-weight materials for ease of use.
- Pivoting davit offers adjustment for overhead clearance restrictions.
- Lower base design adjusts to fit most standard entries.
- Multiple mast configurations available to match height requirements.
- Limit the maximum arresting force on the employee to 1,800 pounds (8 kN); 1910.140(d)(1)(ii)
- Bring the employee to a complete stop and limit the maximum deceleration distance the employee travels to 3.5 feet (1.1 m); 1910.140(d)(1)(iii)
- Have sufficient strength to withstand twice the potential impact energy of the employee free falling a distance of 6 feet (1.8 m), or the free fall distance permitted by the system; and... 1910.140(d)(1)(iv)
- Sustain the employee within the system/strap configuration without making contact with the employee's neck and chin area. 1910.140(d)(1)(v)
- On any horizontal lifeline that may become a vertical lifeline, the device used to connect to the horizontal lifeline is capable of locking in both directions on the lifeline. 1910.140(d)(2)(ii)
- Personal fall arrest systems are rigged in such a manner that the employee cannot free fall more than 6 feet (1.8 m) or contact a lower level. A free fall may be more than 6 feet (1.8 m) provided the employer can demonstrate the manufacturer designed the system to allow a free fall of more than 6 feet and tested the system to ensure a maximum arresting force of 1,800 pounds (8 kN) is not exceeded. 1910.140(d)(3)
- Body belts. Body belts are prohibited as part of a personal fall arrest system
Talk to a fall protection specialist
Tell us about your fall protection needs, and we’ll configure a system that rises to your challenges.