Fall Protection ranked first among OSHA’s Top Ten Violations during 2020. Over the past ten consecutive years, Fall Protection has consistently topped the charts as OSHA’s most frequently violated standard. And while the ranking of the top ten violation categories looked slightly different in 2020 versus 2019, employers continue to violate the same ten OSHA regulations. The following is a list of OSHA’s Top Ten Violations for Fiscal Year 2020 (October 1, 2019-September 30, 2020):
- Fall Protection: 5,424 violations
2. Hazard Communication: 3,199 violations
3. Respiratory Protection: 2,649 violations
4. Scaffolding: 2,538 violations
5. Ladders: 2,129 violations
6. Lockout/Tagout: 2,065 violations
7. Forklifts and Powered Industrial Trucks: 1,932 violations
8. Fall Protection-Training Requirements: 1,621 violations
9. Eye and Face Protection: 1,369 violations
10. Machine Guarding: 1,313 violations
Despite recent advances in fall protection systems that make remediating fall hazards easier and more cost-effective than ever, employers still struggle with OSHA compliance. Diversified Fall Protection can assist with training, as well as ladder compliance and general fall protection requirements. Our team can provide fall hazard assessments and help with budgeting for your next fall protection project.
As a fall protection company, we annually publish this list to remind employers to keep at-heights workers safe. That said, OSHA Top Ten Violations List us a helpful checklist of ALL the potential hazards that may put your employees—and your company—at risk.
To learn more about fall protection, OSHA compliance, or to speak with one of our safety specialists, contact Diversified Fall Protection for further assistance.