Fixed Truss Anchor Kits
In some instances, the truss system found in your building may be strong enough to support a fall protection system. By permanently attaching a D-Ring anchor to the bottom chords of an overhead truss system, we can create an OSHA compliant anchor point that serves as part of a fall arrest system. Unlike our Connect Safe Portable Truss Anchors, the Fixed Truss Single Point Anchor is mechanically attached with steel plates and a threaded bolt and nut combination.
The Fixed Truss Anchor Fall Protection Kit is a fast-installing fall arrest solution that uses the structural truss design of your building to create an OSHA compliant tie-off point for personnel working at heights. To install, consult the owner’s manual and visually determine a location along the bottom truss cord. Attach the anchor assembly at the desired location with the included hardware and tighten the nut using a torque wrench (not included) to 145-155 foot-pounds. The Fixed Truss Anchor is rated for one 310 lb. user and designed for use with K, KCS, LH, or DLH series truss systems capable of withstanding a concentrated load of 1,800 pounds.
Truss anchorage locations must be approved by a safety engineer or a qualified person and must meet all of the requirements noted in the Connect Safe Fixed Truss Anchor Instruction Manual.
- Bracing shall be straight, undamaged, and meet the original design intent
- The span and loading of the truss affects the allowable concentrated load that may be applied to the truss. It must be capable of withstanding a concentrated load of 900 pounds with a safety factor of two
- No more than one user is permitted at a time per truss
- Do not attach to a truss that is smaller than 18 inches in height
- The truss must be inspected by an engineer or qualified person for structural integrity which includes but is not limited to corrosion, end connections, size, load capacity, welds, existing loading, bracing, span, or any other unsafe conditions
Each Fixed Truss Anchor Kit includes:
- OSHA/ANSI Compliant Fixed Truss Anchor
- Installation Hardware
- (1) MSA/Latchways or DBI/SALA Self-Retracting Lifeline
- User Installation & Instruction Manual
- Kits with body harnesses are also available, as shown in the table below
Fixed Truss Anchor Fall Protection Kits From Diversified Fall Protection
|Kit Number*||Self-Retracting Lifeline||Body Harness|
|FTAR20W||20' DBI / SALA Rebel Web SRL||Not Included|
|FTAR11WH||11' DBI / SALA Rebel Web SRL||DBI / SALA Delta Harness|
|FTAR20WH||20' DBI / SALA Rebel Web SRL||DBI / SALA Delta Harness|
|FTAU11W||11' DBI / SALA Ultra-Lok Web SRL||Not Included|
|FTAU20W||20' DBI / SALA Ultra-Lok Web SRL||Not Included|
|FTAU11WH||11' DBI / SALA Ultra-Lok Web SRL||DBI / SALA Delta Harness|
|FTAU20WH||20' DBI / SALA Ultra-Lok Web SRL||DBI / SALA Delta Harness|
|FTAM12W||12' Latchways Web SRL||Not Included|
|FTAM12WT||12' Latchways Web SRL||MSA Workman Harness|
|FTAM23WH||23' Latchways Web SRL||MSA Workman Harness|
|*Click part number to order online.
All Fixed Truss Anchor Kits Include an OSHA Compliant Truss Anchor, Installation Hardware, and Instruction Manual
Talk to a fall protection specialist
Tell us about your fall protection needs, and we’ll configure a system that rises to your challenges.