Fall Protection Anchor Points
From rooftop tip over posts to specialty vacuum anchors, we offer a wide range of rigid, tip-over style, and portable fall protection anchor points to meet the needs of different industries and applications. Single point anchors are cost effective and easy to use, making them an ideal fall protection solution for clearly designated work areas in which a wide range of motion is not required. Diversified Fall Protection offers custom engineered and pre-engineered fall protection anchors to meet your specific needs and budget.
Although fixed point anchors are commonly associated with rooftop and window washing applications, they are equally effective for in-plant machinery maintenance, aircraft inspection and repair, and more. To ensure a fixed point anchor is suitable for your application, our engineers can perform an on-site visit to watch the interaction between your equipment, building, and personnel. The end result of our turnkey service is a proper fall protection system that will provide years of safe and reliable service.
We are a complete turnkey provider of OSHA compliant fall protection systems and have years of experience designing and installing fall protection anchor points. Contact us for expert assistance with your fall arrest, fall restraint and fall protection requirements.
D-Ring Single Point AnchorsView D-Ring Single Point Anchors
Portable Single Point AnchorsView Portable Single Point Anchors
Rigid Post Single Point AnchorsView Rigid Post Single Point Anchors
Tip-Over Single Point AnchorsView Tip-Over Single Point Anchors
Vacuum Single Point AnchorsView Vacuum Single Point Anchors
Fixed Truss Anchor KitsView Fixed Truss Anchor Kits
Portable Truss Anchor KitsView Portable Truss Anchor Kits
Single Point Anchor Fall Protection Design Considerations Non-engineered single point anchors must be rated at 5,000 for one user or 10,000lbs for two users. Engineered systems must be designed for 2 times the applied load in the event of a fall by a qualified person. A single point anchor may be designed for single or dual tie-off as long as each user attaches to a designated D-Ring. Multiple users should never tie off to the same D-Ring under any circumstances. Rooftop single point anchors can be used in conjunction with a variety of deck substrates including metal standing seam, rubber membrane, or concrete. Single point anchors can be mechanically attached to structural steel members overhead, or mounted to walls and rooftops. Special care must be taken to train personnel in the proper use of single point anchors. An SPA is designed to protect workers within a 30 degree conical cone; moving outside the intended coverage area increases the likelihood of coming into contact with structure below the work area in the event of a swing fall.
- Single Point Anchors
- 1926.502(d)(15) Anchorages used for attachment of personal fall arrest equipment shall be independent of any anchorage being used to support or suspend platforms and capable of supporting at least 5,000 pounds (22.2 kN) per employee attached, or shall be designed, installed, and used as follows:
- 1926.502(d)(15)(i) as part of a complete personal fall arrest system which maintains a safety factor of at least two; and
- 1926.502(d)(15)(ii) under the supervision of a qualified person.
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- 1926.502(d)(16) Personal fall arrest systems, when stopping a fall, shall:
- 1926.502(d)(16)(ii) limit maximum arresting force on an employee to 1,800 pounds (8 kN) when used with a body harness;
- 1926.502(d)(16)(iii) be rigged such that an employee can neither free fall more than 6 feet (1.8 m), nor contact any lower level;
- 1926.502(d)(16)(iv) bring an employee to a complete stop and limit maximum deceleration distance an employee travels to 3.5 feet (1.07 m); and,
- 1926.502(d)(16)(v) have sufficient strength to withstand twice the potential impact energy of an employee free falling a distance of 6 feet (1.8 m), or the free fall distance permitted by the system, whichever is less.
- Single Point Anchor Applications
- Rooftop Maintenance and Roofing
- HVAC Maintenance
- Aircraft Hangars
- Window Washing
- Construction and Steel Erection
- Trucks and Buses
AT DFP, we recognize that each fall protection scenario is unique, requiring a comprehensive hazard assessment and customized solution. From indoor overhead installations to rooftop applications at foot level, our safety engineers have a complete range of single point anchor solutions to ensure personnel safety and complete compliance with all OSHA fall protection regulations.
Talk to a fall protection specialist
Tell us about your fall protection needs, and we’ll configure a system that rises to your challenges.